My November mommy favorites:
- Hyland's teething tablets (stay tuned for a blog for a full review) Andrew has six teeth but in the past week has started to cut more. I noticed today at least three more have started to come through. I cannot tell you how much these tablets have helped and better yet they are homeopathic.
- Clorox disinfecting wipes The flu recently went through the family so me and my mom took wipes and cleaned every surface that we could to kill the germs. Do not forget to wipe down door knobs, light switches, toilet seats and handles, faucet handles, stove and refrigerator handles. I also bleached pillow cases and washed the boys sheets with a color safe bleach.
The gym There is nothing that relaxes me more than heading to the gym for an hour or so especially if I am having a rough day. I do not get to go everyday and sometimes it is every 3 or 4 days that I get to go but I sleep a lot better and my mood improves on the days I do get to go.
Braiden's November favorites:
- scrambled eggs. With my meal plan a few times a week I eat two egg whites with one whole egg scrambled with a little parsley and pepper. One morning (remember Braiden is a VERY picky eater) he asked to have a bite and absolutely loved them so we ended up fixing him his own. I feed him one white white and one whole egg.
- Plants versus Zombies. Braiden absolutely loves this game. Now he really doesn't fully understand how to play it but he loves to watch me or my mom play it on the ipad.
- Play dough. One of the biggest things a lot of children lack when they start pre-school or kindergarten is enough muscle in their hands to use scissors and write. Braiden loves play dough and that is one of his favorite activities is to play with it and mold it and also the little cutters that you have to squeeze. All of that strengthens his hands so even though I have to make sure little brother isn't eating it lol and it can be messy, it is worth it.
- Sit to stand walking toy He LOVES this toy. My aunt handed this toy down from my little cousin. In the past week he has gone from pulling himself up to actually walking across the room behind it. A few days after doing all of that he has started to stand up for brief periods of time without holding on to anything :))))
- Carrot sticks He loves carrots. He has ever since he began eating solids. I will allow him to chew on a carrot stick provided someone is right there with him watching that he doesn't take a large chunk off which is a choking hazard. I am not sure who he gets this from because both Alex and I HATE carrots. I guess that explains why we both wear glasses lol.
- Music He has really started to show an interest in music. He has started to bounce when something he likes comes on. His favorite seems to be upbeat county music. He loves the song wagon wheel. He also loves kids songs. Braiden has started to hum a long to songs he knows and Andrew just gets a kick out of his big brother singing. I will get this on video if I can. The cuteness is unbelievable.
That's it for this month. I plan to do a black Friday haul when I get a chance. I didn't go Thursday because well I do not think it's right to shop on a holiday when you should be spending time with your family. I explained my feelings on this a few post back. I did go out a few hours Friday with my mom before Braiden came back home from his daddy's. I picked up myself a few things. HEY that isn't selfish lol mommas need love too!
As always thank you for reading. Xoxoxo <3
disclaimer: pictures used in this blog were not my own.